Video games you love? Video games you hate?

Any discussion that doesn't fit into any of the other categories goes here.
Mikmoomamimocki

Video games you love? Video games you hate?

Post by Mikmoomamimocki »

I love Nintendo games. Mario Odyssey is my favorite game of all time. It's just so good.

I have an intense hatred for Genshin Impact and that will never change.

What are some games that you guys either really like or think are garbage?
arthurDance Mikmoomamimocki arthurDance

can’t spell programmer without pro gamer
flatrute

Re: Video games you love? Video games you hate?

Post by flatrute »

I love rhythm games so much and I do not have any particular hates for any kind of games...
Mikmoomamimocki wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:34 pm I have an intense hatred for Genshin Impact and that will never change.
For what? Its gameplay? Its community? Its developers?

Edit: "how to into plural case"
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

Mikmoomamimocki

flatrute wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:26 pm For what? Its gameplay? Its community? Its developers?
Yes

flatrute

Post by flatrute »

Mikmoomamimocki wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:32 pm Yes
Fair enough.
Do not check the source of my avatar.

[deleted] posts index

acidiclight

Post by acidiclight »

Used to love the ATV off-road fury series. Hate them now because I can't play them thanks to my blindness. So I've never been able to beat a single one.
acidic light

I'm a blind game developer. I write code because it's fun.
Midi

Post by Midi »

I really enjoy rhythm games as well. Especially the Bemani stuff like DDR, IIDX, and most definitely Sound Voltex. The last one in particular got me to buy a custom controller and jumping through Konami's hoops just so I can play it at home instead of having to go out of state just to play it at a Round1 arcade.

As for games I hate... well, I tend to dislike those who aim for being more art than game. Mostly because of the community around said games... But other than that, it's hard for me to come up with a game I truly despised. Even games that are generally considered bad by the community at large I usually tend to enjoy to some extent.
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

Midi wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:11 am I really enjoy rhythm games as well. Especially the Bemani stuff like DDR, IIDX, and most definitely Sound Voltex.
That feeling when 573 is never going to let people here play Sound Voltex and any of their others games Sadge

Edit: At least there is Sega and their washing machine FeelsGoodMan

[deleted] posts index

Shaddow798

Post by Shaddow798 »

I have a clinical addiction to satisfactory.
I have played far far to many hours in cites skylines even though fuck paradox.

I have never played fortnite in my life and i refuse to.
I'm really bad at english, im also clinically tired.
Mikmoomamimocki

Shaddow798 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:42 am I have never played fortnite in my life and i refuse to.
I, too, used to have an intense hatred for Fortnite, but it has stepped aside, Genshin Impact taking its place.

flatrute

Post by flatrute »

Mikmoomamimocki wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:40 pm I, too, used to have an intense hatred for Fortnite, but it has stepped aside, Genshin Impact taking its place.
flatrute wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:26 pm For what? Its gameplay? Its community? Its developers?

[deleted] posts index

OldCrapEnthusiast

Post by OldCrapEnthusiast »

I really like playing some Forza horizon as there are so many cars to choose from and the open world is really fun to drive in so the game almost never gets boring with the amount of cars there are, other than that I don't play too many games, of course some good old doom and Wolfenstein 3d for that extra kick of nostalgia, and also just playing old random games from the XP era wich I never played, I mean I did play the majority of them back in the day but there are always some games that I didn't play so I play games I never played both modern and old to see which ones I like and which ones I dont
CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

I recently played Star Wars KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) 1, it's so good. I loved commiting war crimes, the story, the ability to make choices that actually make an impact in the story, THE AMAZING PLOT TWIST, causing chaos and destruction on all planets. Soo good if you dont have any games to play and want to waste 20-30 hours this IS your game.
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
Hanzo

Post by Hanzo »

The games I’ve been loving recently are Forza Horizon and Spongebob Cosmic Shake

As what OldCrapEnthusiast said about Forza Horizon as there’s so many cars you have so much to do and the game never gets boring as a result. In fact after playing so much Horizon 4 I went back and played the older games now I literally have all the Forza Horizon games on the one Xbox.

As for Spongebob Cosmic Shake I haven’t completed it yet but I’m loving it especially all the references to the show and memes. It shows purple lamp studios put so much love and care into this game it makes it the best Spongebob game since the movie game and battle for bikini bottom for the PS2, GameCube, OG Xbox (and the BFBB remaster for the PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC)
My life is the authentic stereotypical nerd experience. catJAM
wisecar

Post by wisecar »

The Yakuza series is absolutely amazing and I wholeheartedly recommend it.
JohnSkeleton

Post by JohnSkeleton »

I don't really hate any games but I really love Resident Evil 4. The early 2000s were really good years for Capcom.
minimiscus

Post by minimiscus »

Any online MMORPG games, in general,(e.g. gayshit infact and runescape) I hate with a passion, i can't be bothered to explain the reasons why but it's the way you progress through out the game n' stuff.
WrathfulMantis

Post by WrathfulMantis »

It's not good for me but I'm still really into Skyrim, currently running a stable game with 330+ mods. A real ship of Theseus situation
Otherwise I've been playing the System Shock remake and it's pretty good!
andreizabest

Post by andreizabest »

There's lots to love. Life is Strange has a special place in my heart. Even though it's not the best graphically and it's gameplay is somewhat similar to those of Telltale games, the story was amazing, it's something I wish I could experience again. It definitely deserves it's Overwhelmingly Positive reviews on steam. I've also been liking car building games like Car Mechanic Simulator and My Summer Car.
As for hate, I hate a lot of modern AAA, so little effort to churn out low quality crap. Games like CP2077, BF2042, GTA Trilogy Definite Edition and others. Games that are knowingly released with bugs, underwhelming performance, quality and features and more often then not they get dumped rather than fixed. Studios with millions of dollars and many more man hours struggle to churn out better titles than a lot of indie studios out there. How many more unfinished AAA need to get out before they realize that it's much better to delay than to churn out turd after turd. It's hard to get excited for an upcoming game knowing it's a 50/50 chance it sucks ass. Even big publishers with great reputations like Rockstar I ain't sure. With the way they're treating the IP they own with the mess that the trilogy was and the underwhelming re-release of RDR1 only for PS4 and Switch, I don't carry great confidence or expectations for their next mainline GTA title.
UserPenalties

Post by UserPenalties »

I'm not sure which game(s) I would say I love since I haven't played very many, and the ones I have and am planning to play are already considered classics. I guess I'll credit Mortal Kombat Deception, and the other MK "3D era" games in general.

The game that I hate the most is Megaman X Dive. I wouldn't call myself a megaman fan (and I would in fact say that most of the games are baby games) but I played the first three X series games and the entire Zero series. Megaman X Dive is just a pay to win gacha game however, which I decided to play because why not, and it's horrendeous. The game is on a smarty pants phone so you just mainly walk forward and mash a button to shoot enemies. It's also pay to win because I was horrendously underpowered to the point I couldn't continue the game.

But this is already getting convoluted, so the thing about that game? Capcom recently shut off the online servers for that game, are gonna put it on steam for 30$ (formerly f2p game mind you), and they've created megaman NFTs. Funniest but also the saddest shit I've ever seen.

(Edit 1: There are six games from this series on the NES, and they're considered staples. They also oversaturated the market of them in the mid 2000s. I think it's safe to say that this was one of Capcom's main franchises at multiple points of time, so how could it stoop so low?)

(Edit 2: I just remembered the Metal Gear Solid 3 Pachinko machine. If I were a pessimist, I would guess that any franchise would fall at some point.)
ricardoFlick
mikasa

Post by mikasa »

Mikmoomamimocki wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:34 pm I love Nintendo games. Mario Odyssey is my favorite game of all time. It's just so good.

I have an intense hatred for Genshin Impact and that will never change.

What are some games that you guys either really like or think are garbage?
Nintendo games are awesome. I especially enjoy Breath of the Wild, which has a huge and beautiful open world to explore. It’s one of the best games ever made, in my opinion.

I don’t hate Genshin Impact, but I don’t love it either. It has some nice graphics and combat, but it also has a lot of annoying microtransactions and a boring story. It feels like a cheap copy of Breath of the Wild, to be honest.

Some games that I think are garbage are Fortnite, FIFA, and Call of Duty. They are all repetitive, shallow, and full of toxic players. I prefer games that have more depth, creativity, and originality.