Matt, what equipment do you use?

While MattKC videos aren't the only topic of discussion here, they are probably the primary way people found out about this place, so here's a forum for discussing them.
kura

Matt, what equipment do you use?

Post by kura »

I've lately been trying to figure out what rework/soldering equipment Matt uses. I've come to the conclusion that the soldering/rework station is a Yihua branded 862BD+ soldering/rework station. But also wanted to know about the desoldering gun he uses, by the fact there is no station there it leads me to believe it's a Hakko FR-300 standalone desoldering gun. Am i correct? Please tell me
MattKC
Site Admin

Re: Matt, what equipment do you use?

Post by MattKC »

You're pretty much spot on:

Yihua 862BD+
Hakko FR-301
kura

Post by kura »

Then why would you not get a better soldering station?
MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

??????
kura

Post by kura »

Like, you’re still using an 862BD+ soldering station. With your budget you can get like a Hakko FX-951 or JBC CDEB with the T245 handle.
And for a rework station you can get a quick 957dw or quick 861dw.

Obviously an 862BD+ is good no doubt, but for you, a professional these are the better ones no doubt.

Oh and those Quick hor airs are infinitely better than the blower-style heat gun bundled with the 862BD+
It’s because they have a piston pump instead of a little fan inside
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

kura wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:13 am Then why would you not get a better soldering station?
kura wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:40 am Like, you’re still using an 862BD+ soldering station. With your budget you can get like a Hakko FX-951 or JBC CDEB with the T245 handle.
And for a rework station you can get a quick 957dw or quick 861dw.

Obviously an 862BD+ is good no doubt, but for you, a professional these are the better ones no doubt.

Oh and those Quick hor airs are infinitely better than the blower-style heat gun bundled with the 862BD+
It’s because they have a piston pump instead of a little fan inside
Next time you should say on front about how his equipments "suck" in a single post instead of questioning him about his choice without context at first... weirdChamp
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

I mean the answer is fairly simple, I don't upgrade all of my equipment when I can, I upgrade it when I need to. My computer still has ~3 year old components because I haven't seen the need to upgrade it yet. When I do, I probably will.