how do i make an old android phone into a windows ce / windows mobile pocket pc

Any discussion of hardware that doesn't fit into any other category goes here.
LemonDogeYT

how do i make an old android phone into a windows ce / windows mobile pocket pc

Post by LemonDogeYT »

i wanna know how i can turn an old LG phone that runs android 4.0 into a pocket pc that runs windows mobile / windows CE. ive been trying to do this for a year or so and cannot find any answers. i dont care if i have to mod the hardware a little bit or get root access into android i just want the phone to be running windows mobile / windows ce.
im a tech nerd
MattKC
Site Admin

Re: how do i make an old android phone into a windows ce / windows mobile pocket pc

Post by MattKC »

I'm fairly certain this is not possible. Android phones have a very wide array of hardware, and manufactures specifically write drivers and tailor Android to fit each device, which they can do because Android is open source. Windows CE/Mobile on the other hand is not, so without Microsoft's direct involvement, there's no real reason it would be able to run natively on such a device.

You may be able to emulate it. I'm not exactly sure how/if this would work, but emulation gets around the need for the software to support the hardware natively. If there's an emulator for this that already exists, this is probably your best bet.

Of course nothing in software is truly impossible, code is code after all, but a native port would require an enormous amount of effort to get the software to play nicely with that device. We're probably talking years of work here, assuming it's just one person working on it as a hobby. But hey, if you're interested and motivated enough, it would undoubtedly be an interesting project.