libweaver/si-edit by MattKC

Reverse engineering LEGO Island's primary asset packaging format
MattKC
Site Admin

libweaver/si-edit by MattKC

Post by MattKC »

A new comprehensive tool and library for extracting and repacking LEGO Island's SI streaming asset pack files.

Screenshot_20230530_020453.png

While it's achieved the highest compatibility of any SI tool (that we know of), it is still currently in development. Almost everything can be viewed or extracted, and it is capable of successfully repacking several of the game's SI files, though repacking will fail on the larger/more complex ones (e.g. ISLE.SI and INFOMAIN.SI).

This thread is largely for discussion and updates. The tool and its source code can be found on GitHub, and bug reports should be posted there rather than here. Also preferably don't make formal bug reports related to reconstruction issues of larger SI files (on GitHub or here) - the tool is incomplete, I know.
klegs

Re: libweaver/si-edit by MattKC

Post by klegs »

Looks really cool! Can't wait to continue struggling with building the latest source code to achieve my dreams of being less of an idiot.
bowlofsoup

Post by bowlofsoup »

might check it out, looks awesome
is there any way to theme it like that on windows? Clueless
sunfl0wer

Post by sunfl0wer »

NOPERS
bowlofsoup wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:16 am might check it out, looks awesome
is there any way to theme it like that on windows? Clueless
No, that's KDE's default theme, and this native theming is the feature of WINE/Proton, so it's available only on Linux/BSD/etc; but I think if you really want, you can imitate it with help of some customization tools for Windows.
I don't put CDs in my computer
klegs

Post by klegs »

Any chance that the full rotation data of models could be displayed in this program?
MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

klegs wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:46 pm Any chance that the full rotation data of models could be displayed in this program?
It is a goal to eventually show 3D stuff in the app, especially in regards to the 3D animations, however it'll be some time before that's possible since all of the model data is stored in WORLD.WDB, which is a completely different format that is only partially understood/reverse engineered. One day though for sure.