Hot deals on vintage products?

Any discussion that doesn't fit into any of the other categories goes here.
minimiscus

Hot deals on vintage products?

Post by minimiscus »

Filling in some curiosity here. What are some vintage products that had a killer low price you've seen listed?
CrabHead

Re: Hot deals on vintage products?

Post by CrabHead »

i just got a ps2 for 6 bucks. Dvd drive still works, it powers on works perfectly. 2 problems tho. The dvd sensor which detects if the disc tray is closed has broken off. Same thing with the power button.
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

CrabHead wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:59 am i just got a ps2 for 6 bucks. Dvd drive still works, it powers on works perfectly. 2 problems tho. The dvd sensor which detects if the disc tray is closed has broken off. Same thing with the power button.
I actually have a similar story: fully working phat PS2 with two controllers and two memory cards for only AU$7.50. I think the price was so low because it was (inexplicably) listed as "pickup only" in a kind of rural town an hour's drive from the city I lived in. But despite that, they ended up offering to drop it off at my place because they happened to work near me.

Everything worked out better than expected PogU
Hanzo

Post by Hanzo »

I bought an Apple pro keyboard (from the year 2000) for 20p at a car boot sale 3 years ago and its in really good condition and works perfectly. Last I checked they go for around £30 or so on eBay so super happy with this find.
My life is the authentic stereotypical nerd experience. catJAM