Which Sonic CD soundtrack is better

Any discussion that doesn't fit into any of the other categories goes here.

JP or US

EU/JP
100%
US
No votes
Both
No votes

Total votes: 5

qzip

Which Sonic CD soundtrack is better

Post by qzip »

I would say EU/JP cause it just sounds better than any of the US soundtracks.
Last edited by qzip on Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aware
MattKC
Site Admin

Re: Which Sonic CD soundtrack is better (JP or US)

Post by MattKC »

Maybe you should make this a poll?

I feel like I should say JP/EU, but I'm a real sucker for the Sonic Boom theme song, especially this fan edit with an extended outro:

As far as the rest of the OST, I probably haven't heard enough to make an informed opinion. I've only played through Sonic CD once and don't even remember which soundtrack it was.
MidoriNico

Post by MidoriNico »

By far the JP soundtrack. I'm just a big fan of it's more funk/house style soundtrack (it's a big reason it's one of my fav Sonic games!). Stardust Speedway is so good. Cosmic Eternity goes hard. Quartz Quadrant is so full of energy. The rest of the track is all killer no filler. AND there's the bonus of the music feeling more cohesive all around, since all time zones in a stage is just variations on the same song (whereas in US it switches back to the JP songs for the Past tracks)
Also I'm really sorry but I just don't like Sonic Boom >_> I just find it a bit flat and boring?

Btw, calling it JP instead of JP/EU is more accurate since in Europe the soundtrack actually changed depending on what version you're playing, with the Sega CD version using JP but the PC ports mostly using US kthxbye
Hanzo

Post by Hanzo »

I prefer the JP soundtrack as I feel that fits the game better.
My life is the authentic stereotypical nerd experience. catJAM
qzip

Post by qzip »

MattKC wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:13 pm Maybe you should make this a poll?

I feel like I should say JP/EU, but I'm a real sucker for the Sonic Boom theme song, especially this fan edit with an extended outro:

As far as the rest of the OST, I probably haven't heard enough to make an informed opinion. I've only played through Sonic CD once and don't even remember which soundtrack it was.
Done, though I forgot polls were a thing, my bad.
Aware
qzip

Post by qzip »

MidoriNico wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:00 am By far the JP soundtrack. I'm just a big fan of it's more funk/house style soundtrack (it's a big reason it's one of my fav Sonic games!). Stardust Speedway is so good. Cosmic Eternity goes hard. Quartz Quadrant is so full of energy. The rest of the track is all killer no filler. AND there's the bonus of the music feeling more cohesive all around, since all time zones in a stage is just variations on the same song (whereas in US it switches back to the JP songs for the Past tracks)
Also I'm really sorry but I just don't like Sonic Boom >_> I just find it a bit flat and boring?

Btw, calling it JP instead of JP/EU is more accurate since in Europe the soundtrack actually changed depending on what version you're playing, with the Sega CD version using JP but the PC ports mostly using US kthxbye
Yeah I know, I just prefer calling it JP cause that's what most people call it anyways.
Aware
MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

MidoriNico wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:00 am Also I'm really sorry but I just don't like Sonic Boom >_> I just find it a bit flat and boring?
I will absolutely agree that it's bland, generic, and a very commercial/radio-friendly sound... but for some reason I still like it SAWNIC Chalk it up to nostalgia I guess