Full Map Extraction

Reverse engineering LEGO Island's WORLD.WDB file
klegs

Full Map Extraction

Post by klegs »

Has anyone tried to remake the map using the models? If so, then is there usable positioning data in the code?
MattKC
Site Admin

Re: Full Map Extraction

Post by MattKC »

Others probably know more than me, but from memory, the map itself can be largely extracted with WDBRipper, though I don't think all of the game's models have been successfully extracted. But you can definitely see the world recreated in LEGO Island REDUX (a fan remake in Unity).
klegs

Post by klegs »

MattKC wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:46 pm Others probably know more than me, but from memory, the map itself can be largely extracted with WDBRipper, though I don't think all of the game's models have been successfully extracted. But you can definitely see the world recreated in LEGO Island REDUX (a fan remake in Unity).
After looking into it, I believe most if not all of the main island models were successfully extracted, and LEGO Island REDUX isn't fully accurate to the original game (although still being very impressive). I have to assume that learning anything about the object positional data would require a much better understanding of the game's engine.
Hanzo

Post by Hanzo »

I remember exploring the Lego Island map in VR as someone had ported the island to VRChat. I have no idea if this is a full port or a partial remake, once I find the world again i’ll send the link to it here.
My life is the authentic stereotypical nerd experience. catJAM
klegs

Post by klegs »

Does this mean it’s possible?
Adonael

Post by Adonael »

Right now it is nor possible to extract all of the models. I'm currently working on a rebuild of the island myself to import into a different video game. The extractor was never complete. I can tell you models that are missing are: Ski Jump 01, Ski Jump 02, Rock 01, Cave, Shark, Skeleton, Skeleton 1 and a few more. I'm not positive on all of them, but have been able to read the files via hex editor. I don't plan on making a complete list because somewhere near 100 models are missing. These particular ones just came up in my rebuild.
jofo91

Post by jofo91 »

Hello, I want the island, I don't need characters or animals. I can't extract with diferents programs I saw. Somebody can help me please or have it? thanks!