Burnout 3 Online revival!

A place to discuss reverse engineering and modding Burnout 3: Takedown.
CrabHead

Burnout 3 Online revival!

Post by CrabHead »

Burnout 3 has a online revival project for those who didn't know. The project is going on for over good 1.5 years but recently an *early* open beta has started. Many of the online components are there, but some still are missing like leaderboards and not to mention lots of bugs. But you can race! here's a video quickly looking over the menu's. (fun fact i've been a tester for this since summer of 2022)
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
nugg3t

Re: Burnout 3 Online revival!

Post by nugg3t »

I have never played Burnout 3, but have been interested for the past few weeks. I might pirate it buy a copy if I find it, and it would be very cool to play online.
If you reply, you INSTANTLY own a 20 inch Symphonic CRT TV. 8-) 8-)
"im back" -me, 11/23/23, 12:46am cst
CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

Yeah i'd recommend it, great soundtrack, very good looking graphics for its time, being able to just destroy your opponents is great. Also matt played it a couple of times on his channel
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

there is a sort of open beta right now, if you want to get setup you can join this unofficial discord server here (not made by devs, for the official one check the post below) to get your online working on ps2 or pcsx2
https://discord.gg/rSWF4Efa5M
(also i think this should be moved to the burnout 3 page since online revival is technically modding?)
Last edited by CrabHead on Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

I'm happy to annouce the official server is now open. https://discord.gg/bcxzqbfyR3
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

CrabHead wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:53 am I'm happy to annouce the official server is now open. https://discord.gg/bcxzqbfyR3
Discord link? In a forum? IrateVomit

Circlejerking aside, I have nothing to against a place for easy international voice chat for a game like this...Stare
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

flatrute wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:24 am Discord link? In a forum? IrateVomit
KEKW

also the server is highly unstable and can kick you out when it feels the need to.
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

CrabHead wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:53 am I'm happy to annouce the official server is now open. https://discord.gg/bcxzqbfyR3
Ooh nice I should probably give this a try, especially since I started getting into B3 in 2011, well after the servers were shut down, so I've never experienced any online gameplay. Though I have a slight paranoia that by going online, I'll discover how bad I am at the game without the AI rubberbanding lol
CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

MattKC wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:48 pm Ooh nice I should probably give this a try, especially since I started getting into B3 in 2011, well after the servers were shut down, so I've never experienced any online gameplay.

Ah man, the servers shut down in april of 2010 so bad luck i guess.
MattKC wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:48 pm Though I have a slight paranoia that by going online, I'll discover how bad I am at the game without the AI rubberbanding lol
Yeah, online races is a whole different league than ai races, one crash can really decide a race. About crashes, you'll crash a lot on your first races. But dont worry, after time you'll have "muscle memory" to avoid traffic.

I HIGHLY encourage you to try it.
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!