i Fucking hate power buttons in laptops

Any discussion of hardware that doesn't fit into any other category goes here.
CrabHead

i Fucking hate power buttons in laptops

Post by CrabHead »

I disassemble a laptop and EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME the power button BREAKS. this shit is constructed with literal DUCT TAPE (not even strong one) and using some weird ribbon cable wire thing i dont know.
For more context

I disassembled 2 laptops some days ago and they ALL HAD THEIR POWER BUTTONS BREAK. I NEED TO TURN THEM ON WITH A SCREWDRIVER. in one, the little cable things were hold on with DUCT TAPE. YES DUCT TAPE. IT ISNT EVEN STRONG ENOUGH, TO KEEP THEM PROPERLY IN PLACE! because of this the cables deattached and the solder pads look like they're broken. THANK YOU HP! now i gotta buy some random power button board and RIBBON CABLE ( I FUCKIJNG LOST IT SOMEWHERE I DK WHERE). That was hp but now asus.

I used this Asus laptop for 6 years so i thought, it needs a cleaning alright. so i open it up i check the power button pcb and its in great shape. Relief. i clean it up, put it back together and guess what! THE POWER BUTTON BREAKS! I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPEND BUT IT JUST BROKE.............

now with me getting it all out i feel 100% better :)

Let me know if you share my pain.
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
Shaddow798

Re: i Fucking hate power buttons in laptops

Post by Shaddow798 »

well i hate it when its above the backspace key. and my current laptop has a really fucking bright led in the button that doesnt change with screen brightness.
I'm really bad at english, im also clinically tired.
SONIC122

Re: i Fucking hate power buttons in laptops

Post by SONIC122 »

Shaddow798 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:53 am well i hate it when its above the backspace key. and my current laptop has a really fucking bright led in the button that doesnt change with screen brightness.
ive never heard of a power LED that changes brightness with the screen backlight lmao alfPog