Hacking a G10 Panasonic Plasma TV

If you need help with something, this is the place to be.
12OVER12

Hacking a G10 Panasonic Plasma TV

Post by 12OVER12 »

Hi,

Quick introductory. I bought a Panasonic Viera TX-P42G10e. Which is the broke baby version of the Viera Plasma's.
But, the picture quality is outstanding for being a 10 year old plasma now.
I read on hackaday [1] you can hack these Viera's using an inbuilt hex editor to unlock new features quoting a website named www.nkb.me.uk
This website as you'd expect is long gone, archive.org just has white pages. Aware

My question is: Does anyone know a way to hack these? I'd be real interested to see if there's some cool s^$# I can do with it.

Posted from my Samsung RF56M9540SR Smart Fridge

[1] https://hackaday.com/2010/02/08/built-i ... -features/
WinFan3672

Re: Hacking a G10 Panasonic Plasma TV

Post by WinFan3672 »

I don't, but I do want to know why one would hack a TV. Based on its age, it's probably a non-smart one. However, if it's a smart TV it would be really cool to install custom applications on it, like a modern web browser and maybe even some Android stuff. However, this isn't in my area of "expertise".
CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

WinFan3672 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:22 pm I don't, but I do want to know why one would hack a TV. Based on its age, it's probably a non-smart one. However, if it's a smart TV it would be really cool to install custom applications on it, like a modern web browser and maybe even some Android stuff. However, this isn't in my area of "expertise".
they want to play doom. It's like a plague,
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
WinFan3672

Post by WinFan3672 »

CrabHead wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:14 am they want to play doom. It's like a plague,
Ah. Of course. They want to play Doom. Why didn't I guess?

Also any luck with hacking it?