Wii U Aroma and screen streaming for the Wii U

Any discussion of software that doesn't fit into any category goes here.
ewilson546

Wii U Aroma and screen streaming for the Wii U

Post by ewilson546 »

Infamously, the worst part of streaming or recording the Wii U is the touch screen controller. You take your HDMI capture card, plug it in the back like any other console, baddabing baddaboom, you're done. But what about the controller?

To the best of my knowledge the best you can do is either just record it with a camera or send the controller and $200 off to a company that doesn't exist anymore to get HDMI installed on the controller. Come on, who wants wires connected their wireless controller.

Luckily, today we are finally on the verge of
having a better way.

Welcome stage left, StreamingPluginWiiU https://github.com/Maschell/StreamingPluginWiiU. One of those fancy Aroma plugins made to stream the controller screen to a computer on the network. Absolutely amazing.

Now why am I telling you this? (Other than it's freaking awesome) Well because, Matt, I need you to test this. I'd buy a Wii U rn but tbh I spent a little too much on gifts during Christmas and I need to rebuild a little bit. There's also no footage anywhere of this working or how well it works and I just must know.

Please let us know how it goes, we've gotta get the word out that this exists.

Happy Holidays,
Ed.
MattKC
Site Admin

Re: Wii U Aroma and screen streaming for the Wii U

Post by MattKC »

Oh hey, this is pretty cool. I'll definitely give it a shot at some point.
CoffeeMan

Re: Wii U Aroma and screen streaming for the Wii U

Post by CoffeeMan »

i'll also try it. I have an Aroma-modded wii u (that i need to update to a new version of Aroma) so might as well.