Matt deserves more views than what he gets

While MattKC videos aren't the only topic of discussion here, they are probably the primary way people found out about this place, so here's a forum for discussing them.
WinFan3672

Matt deserves more views than what he gets

Post by WinFan3672 »

Having watched Matt's videos for 1 year+, I think that the quality and effort placed in these videos justifies the 100k views he gets. It seems wrong that some YouTubers can make the cheapest content (LTT) and get like 14 million views. When Matt makes an upload it feels like the stars have finally aligned and it literally makes my whole day. I found his videos through his QR code video and have *never* felt disappointed, unless you count the period where I felt that the videos weren't too exciting [From the NES Starting Machine video to the North Korea video], but I still really enjoyed the content. I think it's a shame that Matt puts in so much effort into his work and doesn't get that many views.

I have watched his videos so many times, sometimes on loop, since I like them so much, and I often take a break of a few weeks and revisit them again lol. Most have a game they'd like to replay without remembering it, but I would like to recreate the magic i felt when I watched Matt's videos for the first time. I swear I'm not a simp.

Matt's content is some of the best tech-related content on the platform, and is WAY better than the rest of the junk that conforms with the made-up standards of a corporate algorithm [which goes back to why this forum was made].

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Have a good day and remember that you're an amazing person, no matter who you are and what you've done [with a few exceptions].
CrabHead

Re: Matt deserves more views than what he gets

Post by CrabHead »

Getting low views is just the fault of not having a large fan base or just general interest. It also depends on the algorithm, will it like your video or not is really luck dependant. For example i had my video blow up of a Killer Bean video that put some cut footage together and i got like almost 700k views from it (!). Many say its not luck dependant, but i think it is.

I think comparing Matt to LTT is kind of dumb, just look at the upload schedule, LTT essentially is a company with 80 people in it making content every day non stop, while Matt is one dude who makes videos every 2 weeks. Big difference there.
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
WinFan3672

Post by WinFan3672 »

CrabHead wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:50 pm Getting low views is just the fault of not having a large fan base or just general interest. It also depends on the algorithm, will it like your video or not is really luck dependant. For example i had my video blow up of a Killer Bean video that put some cut footage together and i got like almost 700k views from it (!). Many say its not luck dependant, but i think it is.

I think comparing Matt to LTT is kind of dumb, just look at the upload schedule, LTT essentially is a company with 80 people in it making content every day non stop, while Matt is one dude who makes videos every 2 weeks. Big difference there.
You make a fair point. I'm just worried that Matt will "fall off" and stop uploading. And I do agree that Comparing Matt to LTT is kinda dumb, but I still think that Matt makes better videos. I think that a lot of YouTubers prioritise things like clickbait in order to get paid more, such as LTT (I mean, I'm sick and tired of their videos with clickbait thumbnails and the title saying shit like "You won't believe what I got" without telling the viewer what the video is). Admittedly I'm a bit of an idiot for suggesting such a thing.

Also, hello fellow Polish comrade!
CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

Cześć!

Clickbait thumbnails are well a standard nowadays, so its essentially take it or leave. Again, ltt is a company, so they want the best for them, so they take lots of sponsorships and want to maximize profits. I honestly believe ltt is one of the better tech channels as they give valid criticims and call out BS. But i'll agree matt makes very good videos.

Eh, everyone is an idiot sometimes, its fine.
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

WinFan3672 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:14 pm Also, hello fellow Polish comrade!
CrabHead wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:02 pm Cześć!
Not related but seeing people in the same country greeting each other like this makes me wonder why people here are annoyed when I try to greet them...It could totally be me being obnoxious but like...many really like to hide themselves as just trees and do not want to be identified as fellow Vietnamese...oh wait.
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

TinglesMagicWords

Post by TinglesMagicWords »

Matt has been in this game for longer than I have known him. He has run several channels of various success levels. MattKC has been the most successful one so far. I like to think he is doing well for himself and I am very proud of him.

We can praise Matt without putting down other creators though.
I find the constant hate boners for LMG so strange. They are such an inspiring media production company, with mind blowing output and quality. And with the stuff they are doing with their lab, it's really exciting to have a resource like that provided for consumers. There's really no comparison to them.
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

TinglesMagicWords wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:36 am I find the constant hate boners for LMG so strange. They are such an inspiring media production company, with mind blowing output and quality. And with the stuff they are doing with their lab, it's really exciting to have a resource like that provided for consumers. There's really no comparison to them.
because they are a company and companies are le bad 3Head

Joke aside, I think some of the hates come from those who are really hardcore on particular pieces of tech (exempli gratia: Linux neets) and cannot stand critics at all let alone ones that are constructive...

[deleted] posts index

WinFan3672

Post by WinFan3672 »

TinglesMagicWords wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:36 am Matt has been in this game for longer than I have known him. He has run several channels of various success levels. MattKC has been the most successful one so far. I like to think he is doing well for himself and I am very proud of him.

We can praise Matt without putting down other creators though.
I find the constant hate boners for LMG so strange. They are such an inspiring media production company, with mind blowing output and quality. And with the stuff they are doing with their lab, it's really exciting to have a resource like that provided for consumers. There's really no comparison to them.
I should probably clarify, i don't hate them. Quite the opposite. I kind of regret what I said. It's just a terrible way of saying that I find Matt's laid-back nature refreshing, compared to the saturated and intense nature of the rest of YouTube. I guess I'm just jealous of their success. As others have said, I'm an idiot. I might as well admit it. I also agree with you that people who hate on LMG are stupid. LMG are one of the few media outlets who take extra effort to make sure that their success and trust is not taken advantage of, while keeping their content light-hearted and entertaining. Also their mission of making PC gaming affordable is noble and admirable. *Again, I am an idiot.* I appreciate everyone who pointed this out. I want to thank everyone for not bullying me about it and being welcoming, despite my flaws lol.
WinFan3672

Post by WinFan3672 »

flatrute wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:57 am Not related but seeing people in the same country greeting each other like this makes me wonder why people here are annoyed when I try to greet them...It could totally be me being obnoxious but like...many really like to hide themselves as just trees and do not want to be identified as fellow Vietnamese...oh wait.
Yeah I don't actually live in Poland anymore I've lived in the UK for the past 12 years xd.

I don't understand why people find you obnoxious either. If I remember correctly, you made a retrocpective on a Vietnamese soda which seemed cool. You seem like a great person, especially since you live in a country that doesn't get much attention on the world stage. Keep doing what you're doing.
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

WinFan3672 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:19 pm I don't understand why people find you obnoxious either.
Come to think of it, the "people here" I mentioned were mostly ones from Northern region and me as a Southerner finds them to be really harsh and generally hard to even talk with. It is not helping that I myself lack social skills most people have... Anyway it is more like due to me not talking the same "language" as them that they found me being "obnoxious" rather than me being obnoxious myself.
WinFan3672 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:19 pm If I remember correctly, you made a retrocpective on a Vietnamese soda which seemed cool.
It is my childhood drink and aside from a mention on Wikipedia page there is no information about it in English as far as I know so I felt like I should let it be known to at least a few people.
WinFan3672 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:19 pm You seem like a great person, especially since you live in a country that doesn't get much attention on the world stage. Keep doing what you're doing.
Thanks FeelsGoodMan Also aside from some foods and the one war that the world knows my country is definitely very underrated comparing to other Sinosphere countries. If only I know how to promote my homeland better...

Edit: More words for clarification.

[deleted] posts index

Mikmoomamimocki

Post by Mikmoomamimocki »

Alright, I’m both an avid viewer of MattKC and LMG channels. While I do prefer MattKC videos, LTT stuff is still great. Sadly, clickbait is basically a must if you want to get views nowadays. There’s a reason why the Youtube Thumbnail Face is so prevalent: it works. LMG is on the grind, and it’s impressive to see that even at crazy amounts of videos per week, the content is still consistently pretty good.

If you like the laid-back nature of MattKC, I suggest The 8-Bit-Guy, if you’re not already watching him.
arthurDance Mikmoomamimocki arthurDance

can’t spell programmer without pro gamer
pizzaboxer

Post by pizzaboxer »

i think one of the biggest things to mention is that a channel like LTT appeals to a much different corner of the tech enthusiast community than, say, channels like MattKC which appeal to a much more niche corner. come on, don't expect stuff like reverse engineering lego island to be on LTT's upload schedule any time soon.

that being said, there's many other channels like matt's (off the top of my head, NCommander is one) with varying levels of popularity. The 8-Bit Guy is the only exception i can think of to this having over a million subs, though he leans much more into retro computer hardware.

though, i kind of do wish there were channels with content like LTT but with the laid-backness of the smaller niche channels.
Mikmoomamimocki

Post by Mikmoomamimocki »

pizzaboxer wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:38 pmThe 8-Bit Guy is the only exception i can think of to this having over a million subs
Does LGR count? I'll admit I'm not a massive viewer of his stuff but it seems cool.
arthurDance Mikmoomamimocki arthurDance

can’t spell programmer without pro gamer
pizzaboxer

Post by pizzaboxer »

Mikmoomamimocki wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:53 pm Does LGR count? I'll admit I'm not a massive viewer of his stuff but it seems cool.
Oh yeah, for sure.
OldCrapEnthusiast

Post by OldCrapEnthusiast »

yeah he won't stop I mean his views are pretty good considering other YouTubers I have seen have far lower views yet continue making video's, it's also about the passion I mean doing these tech videos are his hobby and he won't stop doing them, and if I look at his channel he is only growing meaning things are going the right way for Matt, for example look at Nathan sivewright (Psivewri on YouTube) he makes tech content and restoring video's as well that I think are also pretty enjoyable I mean they have a bit less creativity than Matt but they are still interesting to watch plus the dialogue is pretty soothing a think, but he's got far less subscribers than Matt and less views, yet he still makes a lot of videos, but he loves doing it so he won't stop the video's anytime soon, considering these things I think Matt is doing pretty good right now, and I hope for a lot more creative and most certainly enjoyable content to come
Shaddow798

Post by Shaddow798 »

It takes time for a channel to get to the point where it has a large viewerbase to consitantly get alot of views. But alot of his videos have around the same amount of views to the subscribers. which is a good thing. His channel is growing. and he makes content that isn't popular for everyone like ltt.
I'm really bad at english, im also clinically tired.