8 - 1 situation at my school.

While MattKC videos aren't the only topic of discussion here, they are probably the primary way people found out about this place, so here's a forum for discussing them.
nugg3t

8 - 1 situation at my school.

Post by nugg3t »

I had a very similar situation at school to 8 - 1, caused by your boy, nugg3t.
Side note: that video was amazing. And Matt, if you see this, can you hook me up with some 8 - 1? ;)

So basically, I made a website with a metric crap-ton of games. I did make it 2 years prior, and I'll be honest, it was way more popular the 2 years prior than it was then, but it did get relatively popular. Then, I was walking around in the halls, and some kid said, "I saw your website, can you add Minecraft?", and I was like, sure, but don't guarantee that I'll be able to do it, because, y'know, it's Minecraft.

Fast forward like 3-4 days, and I find this beautiful port of Minecraft to Javascript. It was called Eaglercraft (which is an awesome project, you should check it out if it's got a new GitHub), and I add it to the website. It was a smash hit. Fast forward to the next day, I figured out how to host multiplayer servers, (for the nerds like me who want to try this, find an archive of Eaglercraft, and watch a tutorial on how to use Eaglerbungee), and I host the server.

The next day, the server was online. I told everybody in every class, and word spread around pretty quickly. Soon, there was 10 concurrent players on the server, and it was spreading to the nearby high school.

Soon enough, I was in class, playing Minecraft, and we reached out all-time high player count. 40 concurrent players. Lol, my router must have been dying. But eventually, it started to cause problems. This part, I'm not sure if it happened, but I'm pretty sure. One of the kids in class figured out how to pull my ip, from just pinging the server, and starting ddosing the server in class, which eventually shut it down.

I eventually figured out Cloudflare, and that fixed all of the ddos issues, and people were teaming up and starting alliances in classes. This is completely unrelated, but my dog just winked at me, and I think that was hilarious. But anyway, people were making alliances and there were many wars, it was like a crappy SMP.

Then, another day in health class, we we're playing the Minecraft server, and this time I decided to play it responsibly, and finish my work before I actually got on. Halfway through me attacking another alliance, it froze. I refreshed the page, and they blocked it. The end of my crappy SMP. Everybody was genuinely devastated, and fast forward another few weeks, I got it back online, but nobody cared anymore.

Anyway, if you do want to see that website, I actually bought a domain for it, and it's in my signature, and yes, the Minecraft works.

I hope you enjoyed the story, thanks for reading all of this, lol.

TLDR; I made a Minecraft server in school
If you reply, you INSTANTLY own a 20 inch Symphonic CRT TV. 8-) 8-)
"im back" -me, 11/23/23, 12:46am cst