AetherSX2 ceases development

Any discussion of software that doesn't fit into any category goes here.
a_regular_pear

AetherSX2 ceases development

Post by a_regular_pear »

The popular PS2 emulator AetherSX2 will no longer be developed. According to the program's website the developer was harassed to the point where he no longer considered it fun to work on the project. At least the program will continue to work but without getting any updates
Hanzo

Re: AetherSX2 ceases development

Post by Hanzo »

Last I heard of this the harassment was because some people couldn’t get the emulator to work on low end devices and blamed it on the emulator being “unoptimised”.

Like imagine being that triggered that your low spec phone can’t handle a PS2 emulator so you felt the need to harass the dev. That’s not cool.
My life is the authentic stereotypical nerd experience. catJAM
maxmoon

Re: AetherSX2 ceases development

Post by maxmoon »

Hanzo wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:26 am Last I heard of this the harassment was because some people couldn’t get the emulator to work on low end devices and blamed it on the emulator being “unoptimised”.

Like imagine being that triggered that your low spec phone can’t handle a PS2 emulator so you felt the need to harass the dev. That’s not cool.
Losing faith in humanity since 2007

I really don't understand humans. Why would you even do that? Why harass a developer for your own incompetence?

Can someone explain?