android or iphone

Any discussion that doesn't fit into any of the other categories goes here.
___Catz___

android or iphone

Post by ___Catz___ »

What would you prefer?
Noumbles

Re: android or iphone

Post by Noumbles »

It rlly depends on use case, for me I prefer IPhones simply because it makes communication with my friends easier and most apps update IPhone versions first. (eg. snapchat still doesnt have a darkmode for andoid, nor does tiktok) The only thing I really miss from Android, from when I used to have one, is emulation. I used to play so many GameCube and Wii games on my Android Phone, but there are none on IPhone without some weird workaround to my knowledge.
nugg3t

Post by nugg3t »

iPhone, because stability and easy synchronization with other Apple products (I LOVE AIRDROP), but I still really do like android, because of how easy it is to root, and how much freedom you have with everything. I personally have an iPhone 13 Mini, but I have had previous experiences with androids, like a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, and a Samsung Galaxy S9, but overall, I just prefer iPhone.
If you reply, you INSTANTLY own a 20 inch Symphonic CRT TV. 8-) 8-)
"im back" -me, 11/23/23, 12:46am cst
Shaddow798

Post by Shaddow798 »

If the iPhone is jailbroken, hell yes I want the iphone.
If its not jailbroken i would rather have a stock android phone.
I'm really bad at english, im also clinically tired.
Hanzo

Post by Hanzo »

I used to be an Android user, but Android kept fucking me over so I switched to the iPhone and don't regret it.
My life is the authentic stereotypical nerd experience. catJAM
MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

Shaddow798 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:35 pm If the iPhone is jailbroken, hell yes I want the iphone.
If its not jailbroken i would rather have a stock android phone.
This more or less sums it up for me. I don't like how restricted iOS is so I use Android. Jailbroken iOS solves that too, but then you're playing a bit of a cat-and-mouse game with Apple since they're desperately trying to prevent jailbreaks whenever they can. For me, stock Android (no root required) is the sweet spot between customizable and functional.
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

I am currently using an Android phone, Samsung Galaxy A23 to be exact, but I would like to switch to another device capable of booting a mobile Linux distro and running Android programs on Waydroid instead. It would be better if I could just forget about using those phones forever but so many things are becoming phone-exclusive nowadays...PepeHands
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

Midi

Post by Midi »

My only real experience with iOS is from an early model iPod Touch, and my phone was just a standard flip phone (or rather, one that slides open to reveal the keypad.)

Though my mother decided to upgrade everyone to smartphones, and my very first one was an LG Optimus L9, and thus my first introduction to Android. And honestly, I haven't looked back since, going down Galaxy phones to my current S22 Ultra while my mother and sister went down the iPhone route later on.
qzip

Post by qzip »

Android cause I like having my phone not locked down, a Nothing Phone (1), recently got it cause Huawei had shitty updates that made my phone super laggy with it's bloat.
Aware
Shaddow798

Post by Shaddow798 »

In my experience jail broken iOS is more customizable then android as there is just a comunity that is dedicated to hacking ios so once its properly jailbroken ios is more customizable then android. but android allows for basic features without hacking your device like modifing the stocks app to change every mention of the word "stocks" to "stonks"
justinwhello

Post by justinwhello »

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e that's currently 4 years old.
in my opinion Android has a lot more freedom than iPhone.
So Android for me.
andreizabest

Post by andreizabest »

Personally I'm more of a firefox OS person myself. Funily enough I actually used to own an Alcatel phone for a while with firefox os on it until I got a new one.

Jokes aside. I used to be an avid Android person but after the screen on my s10+ decided to start having a green tint and black horizontal lines at certain brightness levels(no drop or damage required) I just said f*ck it and picked up a used 128gb iphone 12 for a good price a month or so ago. I do miss some of the freedoms I used to have like newpipe and youtube vanced but I'm pretty much used to it now. It's not like there was that great of a difference for me going from Android to iOS. Although that is likely to change seeing as the EU decided to crack down on Apple's app monopoly and 3rd party apps and appstores are likely to show up. And when/if that happens then I'll probably not switch back to Android since I didn't really customize my phone, it was mostly apps. I do enjoy now being able to take consisently good photos as compared to my old samsung which could heavily vary between amazing and horrid in picture quality.
pizzaboxer

Post by pizzaboxer »

Android. Having the freedom to do whatever you want and sideload whatever apps you want and stuff like that is so awesome. And, I'm really not fond of Apple's anticonsumerism, like intentionally crippling repairability (but to be fair flagship Android phones aren't that much far off anyway). Only complaint is that missing out on Apple ecosystem stuff (like Airdrop) can kinda suck sometimes, but oh well.
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

pizzaboxer wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:50 pm And, I'm really not fond of Apple's anticonsumerism, like intentionally crippling repairability (but to be fair flagship Android phones aren't that much far off anyway).
Should not it be the opposite?
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

Shaddow798

Post by Shaddow798 »

pizzaboxer wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:50 pm And, I'm really not fond of Apple's anticonsumerism, like intentionally crippling repairability
I think you mean anti consumer behavior (basically hating your customers)

anitconsumerism which basically is an ideology focused on engaging in buying and consuming material possessions.

Apple is really focusing in consumerism trying to get you to buy the newest i shiny.
pizzaboxer

Post by pizzaboxer »

flatrute wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:08 am Should not it be the opposite?
Oops, might have used the wrong word, but I hope I still get my point across.
Shaddow798

Post by Shaddow798 »

pizzaboxer wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:58 am Oops, might have used the wrong word, but I hope I still get my point across.
yeah its fine.
I wish I could sideload what ever the fuck i want on my phone because its not sideloading. its just installing a program on my "personal computer"
even if its in my pocket. thats like if microsoft said fuck you, you can only use the windows store... wait they did and it was STUPID and everyone hated it.
OldCrapEnthusiast

Post by OldCrapEnthusiast »

im currently on iPhone but the App Store games are starting to show there age, mostly because new developers have to pay Apple for apps and on Android they don't, on the update side iPhone does win because Apple has that iPhone ecosystem and they don't have that many devices they have to write updates for usually having 4-5 years of updates, on the other hand Android usually has 2-3 years of updates mostly because there are so many phone brands that its just impossible to make updates for them for a long period of time. but then most people tend to buy a new phone every 2-3 years anyway so for most people it's not a big deal. it does vary but I've been an android guy for a long time and wanted to see what an iPhone would be like, and now that I got used to iPhone again it's always fun to have a vastly different device every 2 years or so.