Blades dashboard in modded x360 17759

Any discussion of software that doesn't fit into any category goes here.
CrabHead

Blades dashboard in modded x360 17759

Post by CrabHead »

I found something amazing, its the infamous blades dashboard running on the latest version 17559. How is this possible? Well,in short it uses a stealth server proto (no idea why) and i assume modded dash.xex from ver. 6717. I'll link a guide on how to install it.

https://xbox360hub.com/6717-dashboard-on-17559-kernel/

Before getting into screenshots, i want to point out the oddities, because it has some.
1. You need the stealth server in order to run it, without it it will say it cant run this program.
2. I think the biggest L ever, you cant get to online with this. If you try to connect, it will say your console (kv file) is banned. Trying to run the dashboard while connected to the stealth server makes the dashboard try to load xbox live, but in the end fail and crash. You actually can.
3. The games that you downloaded from xbox live wont appear (most of them).
4. There is some weird memory unit 'plugged in' according to the dashboard. I dont even own this and have it plugged into my console.
5. Being connected to Xbox Live only breaks the dashboard more, backing out of any menu causes a freeze (or trying to go into the games store that also causes a freeze).

With that aside...
Info.
Info.
Pesky (Ghost) memory unit.
Pesky (Ghost) memory unit.
Games
Games
When i was backing out of the games menu, it froze...
When i was backing out of the games menu, it froze...

With that all i wish you all the best. :D
Last edited by CrabHead on Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
MattKC
Site Admin

Re: Blades dashboard in modded x360 17759

Post by MattKC »

Ayooo I remember seeing this on a Reddit thread a while back, but I couldn't tell if anything had come of it afterwards. Very interested to try this, but kind of a shame that (from what you're saying) it doesn't yet fully integrate as a replacement dash. But hey maybe in the near future?
acidiclight

Post by acidiclight »

Sadly kinda never got to experience the Blades interface first-hand. I did try a pre-Kinect Xbox 360 at a family friend's house, but it ran the version of the dashboard where everything had a dark theme. The one from before the Kinect update.

I did eventually get a Kinect Xbox 360 as a hand-me-down from my half-brother when he moved out, and I remember hating the interface because it was light-themed and I could barely read it. Kinda wish they'd kept the dark UI theme in the Kinect update.
acidic light

I'm a blind game developer. I write code because it's fun.
CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

Ok, so i actually managed to connect but it doesnt work very well, trying to load the store results in a infinite loading screen and if you back out it freezes. Still needs some work i guess.

Edit: yeahhh being connected to xbox live only breaks the dashboard more, backing out of the games menu freezes too
Edit2: you can also exit out of the freeze with xbox neighbourhood by launching the dashboard again (xbox guide doesnt work while in the freeze)
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

Apperantly FreeStyle has some sort of skin that turns it into a blade style dashboard, but i havent really tested it. (you can also go online with proto on FreeStyle 3) https://www.realmodscene.com/index.php? ... lade-2005/ it's supposed to work on 16537, which is around the time when the metro ui was introduced

EDIT: It looks like this:
(Got it from the forum post)
(Got it from the forum post)
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

Oooh I should try that out. I've been using Aurora since my 360 was modded, never tried FreeStyle before.
CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

Yeah it looks good. I tried freestyle but i stuck with aurora instead.
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

Here are the download links since all of them are dead in the post:

https://mega.nz/file/a4d1jSgD#OKPK5Vmzw ... HafHtEjxEM PRENXE US 775 (English)

https://mega.nz/file/r8NVFKZZ#ABveZQ6zq ... fuMZVS4UBo PRENXE FR+775+addons (French)
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!