Username origins

Any discussion that doesn't fit into any of the other categories goes here.
Mikmoomamimocki

Username origins

Post by Mikmoomamimocki »

Usernames are a funny thing. Sometimes they hold meaning and sometimes they are utterly meaningless. Some are aliases that have been adopted for years, and some are one-time uses. Where do your usernames come from?

Mine is a strange one. It was forged in the fires of Minecraft Pocket Edition. It was complete nonsense when I created it, but I use it as an online alias a lot, and it holds a special place in my heart.
arthurDance Mikmoomamimocki arthurDance

can’t spell programmer without pro gamer
Faros

Re: Username origins

Post by Faros »

Mine was randomly generated.
- Faros
CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

Mine was previously (like 6 years ago...) Headcrab, but someone kept calling me crabhead so i switched to it
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
acidiclight

Post by acidiclight »

Posted this in another thread. Bright lights and the Sun make me extremely uncomfortable, it causes a harsh burning sensation in the back of my eyes. Like if you poured acid on them.
acidic light

I'm a blind game developer. I write code because it's fun.
justinwhello

Post by justinwhello »

Back in the ancient year of 2014, When I was signing up to make a ROBLOX account (yes I played ROBLOX when I was a kid) I asked my dad which name I should type in? and he simply suggested justinwhello. and ever since then I've been using this as my username for 9 years.
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

Mine came from a character name Flatorte in a light novel series named I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level and she looks like this:
flatorte.png
You might think that "flatrute" and "flatorte" are not really the same name but...

In the Vietnamese localisation of the series, her name is Flat Rute since the localisation team intepreted her original Japanese name フラットルテ differently. I used to own those books but I sold all of them and I could not find images online of her local name in the LN so just take my words on it Thuink

Edit: I just remembered the right verb.
Last edited by flatrute on Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

Hanzo

Post by Hanzo »

My username literally comes from the LittleBigPlanet/Dreams series “Ninja Cat” where the main character is called Hanzo.

This is my standard for usernames since I usually can’t think of anything good.
My life is the authentic stereotypical nerd experience. catJAM
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

acidiclight wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:07 pm Posted this in another thread. Bright lights and the Sun make me extremely uncomfortable, it causes a harsh burning sensation in the back of my eyes. Like if you poured acid on them.
The post in question.
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

nugg3t

Post by nugg3t »

Mikmoomamimocki wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:00 pm Usernames are a funny thing. Sometimes they hold meaning and sometimes they are utterly meaningless. Some are aliases that have been adopted for years, and some are one-time uses. Where do your usernames come from?

Mine is a strange one. It was forged in the fires of Minecraft Pocket Edition. It was complete nonsense when I created it, but I use it as an online alias a lot, and it holds a special place in my heart.
chicken nugget yummy
If you reply, you INSTANTLY own a 20 inch Symphonic CRT TV. 8-) 8-)
"im back" -me, 11/23/23, 12:46am cst
Midi

Post by Midi »

Mine is short for Midnight, which in turn is short for SereneMidnight. Midi was just a nickname given by a former friend, and I liked it so much I decided to just go by that.

SereneMidnight, on the other hand... It's partially a reference to a character from obscure JRPG/dating sim Riviera: The Promised Land, named Serene. And her most powerful attacks in that game always start with her name, so Serene Combination, Serene Illusion, or Serene Absolute. The midnight part of the name comes in because I tend to be a night owl on nights I don't have to work the next morning.
Shaddow798

Post by Shaddow798 »

I've always just sucked at English even though its my first language so that's probaly why its spelt worng. But i have no clue where it orginates from but I know I have been using it for a long long time.
I'm really bad at english, im also clinically tired.