Just found Matt's channel, and wanted to say thank you!

Any discussion that doesn't fit into any of the other categories goes here.
Banderi

Just found Matt's channel, and wanted to say thank you!

Post by Banderi »

I doubt Matt will come around to read this and I'm sure he receives thousands of messages like this by now - however, I wanted to briefly say thanks for all the work! I absolutely love it and it gives so much inspiration!

I've been learning reverse engineering and game decomp/porting recently, and gotten into the weeds of Ghidra by basically bashing my head against the walls of ASM for years (thanks CE) and little community projects like Julius kindled this passion in me A LOT - and I've also been dabbling in electronics as well for a while, even trying to repair an old analog oscilloscope (but failed...... for now....)
I've stumbled upon this channel while working on similar reverse engineering projects, and seeing the ins and outs of it all from Matt including 1:1 what I've ended up doing with HxD and Ghidra, really makes my jank feel validated. SadCool
And besides that, the videos are absolutely a DELIGHT of entertainment, and honestly really helpful and interesting even for "meme" / "useless" things like porting .NET to Win95, it's an endless source of cool shit.

I really want to dedicate myself more to this scene, I've been attempting to port an old game already to minor success and have so many ideas for more in the future, and I hope I can stumble onto more cool communities and/or channels like these. If there was something like a Discord server centered around reverse engineering games and such where people were sharing their knowledge, it would be really awesome!

So thank you, and keep up the awesome work! ♥
flatrute

Re: Just found Matt's channel, and wanted to say thank you!

Post by flatrute »

Matt seems to be a bit busy nowadays so as a moderator (who asked him for the role) all I could say is a little thank you for visiting this place...
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

ririya

Re: Just found Matt's channel, and wanted to say thank you!

Post by ririya »

Matt's channel along with a few others really scratch that itch I have to decompile software or mod hardware. There isn't enough time in the day to do it along with all the other madness I'm up to so it's fun to live vicariously through others arthurDance