Nintendont Wireless LAN question

Any discussion of hardware that doesn't fit into any other category goes here.
SONIC122

Nintendont Wireless LAN question

Post by SONIC122 »

me and a friend want to get a bunch of modded wiis together and have a mario kart double dash LAN party through Nintendont. do we have to buy wii Ethernet adapters and a network switch, or can we just connect all the wiis to the same wi-fi network and play that way? ive seen some people on reddit suggesting its possible, but not confirming it. does anyone know if this is possible? thanks in advance awesomeF arthurDance
flatrute

Re: Nintendont Wireless LAN question

Post by flatrute »

It is best that you try the wireless setup for yourself and then tell us the result here kcSmug
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

SONIC122

Post by SONIC122 »

a friend is borrowing me 3 of his wiis to mod (hopefully tomorrow) plus my one wii should be fun. the only downside is how many SD cards im gonna have to use💀, if i get it working I will definitely keep everyone updated. GIGACHAD arthurDance awesomeF

it seems to me like it would work, because its still all connected to the same network, same as the GameCube would handle it, it all depends on how nintendont handles it.
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

SONIC122 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:23 pm a friend is borrowing me 3 of his wiis to mod (hopefully tomorrow) plus my one wii should be fun. the only downside is how many SD cards im gonna have to use💀, if i get it working I will definitely keep everyone updated. GIGACHAD arthurDance awesomeF

it seems to me like it would work, because its still all connected to the same network, same as the GameCube would handle it, it all depends on how nintendont handles it.
Are the SD cards for modding only or are you planning to backup the games in them? Wii can be modded without using cards nowadays.
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

SONIC122

Post by SONIC122 »

for modding and storing the games, my copy of MKDD is totally legal GIGACHAD

edit: who tf has 4 copies of MKDD anyway? ThatsHot
bro my friend forgot his wiis, damn it.
SONIC122

Post by SONIC122 »

Alright, its been a while lol (Matt don't ban me for necroposting PLSSSSS)
anyway, I got my friend's Wii, modded it, cleaned it (it was gross), and connected it to the internet with my Wii as well. (I call my Wii the "Wii Pro")
so, my "Wii Pro" and his Wii did actually join up into a LAN game through nintendont over wifi. Lets just say, it was pretty bad. first of all, the consoles were both running at a pretty awful 15-ish frames per second at a minimum. sometimes it would reach a usable 60-ish. but the issues don't stop there. the consoles wouldn't stay connected to each other for very long before throwing the red error screen
300px-Gamecube-MarioKartDoubleDash-LinkingErrorUSDemo-1.png
I didnt try any Wii Ethernet adapters,because well, poor. but I wonder if it would work better on a router that is not even connected to the internet, and only power: resulting in a completely clear network. definitely jank.
connecting a stack of wiis together to mine crypto: GIGACHAD 5Head