FAKEMOTE installation for wii

Any discussion of software that doesn't fit into any category goes here.
SONIC122

FAKEMOTE installation for wii

Post by SONIC122 »

I first heard of fakemote on reddit, it seemed like something that i could use due to the fact that i had PS4 controllers working on nintendont, but not the rest of the wii. The installation instructions on GitHub are awful. I understood that you have to edit D2x-Cios installer’s .XML file that contains the CIOS map to install fakemote. The only tutorial i could find on youtube was in Portuguese(and other various languages that i do not speak). I eventually figured out the installation process, but I would hate for anyone else to go through this installation process, so i'm going to attach my pre-built copy of D2X-Cios installer for the wii.
GOPR0501.JPG
Whats fakemote anyway?
Fakemote is a Cios for the wii that uses the USB ports on the back to emulate wiimotes with PS3 and PS4 controllers.
GOPR0502.JPG
Installation process
Normally this would be pretty difficult, but I already did the hard stuff, so just use the files I already made! Download the .ZIP below to begin, and extract the “D2X-Cios” folder to the “apps” folder of your wii’s SD or USB drive, and load the app using the homebrew channel. install everything as shown in the image below
install as shown
install as shown
once everything is installed as shown, power down your system and boot it back up holding the reset button, (if you dont have priiloader installed, go through that process before continuing), and go to settings.
GOPR0491.JPG
scroll all the way to the bottom, and set "Use system menu IOS" to OFF. next, set "IOS to use for SM" to "252". MAKE SURE TO SAVE YOUR SETTINGS!
GOPR0492.JPG
GOPR0493.JPG
that should be everything you need to do to use PS3 and 4 controllers on your wii.
Tip: using a USB hub, you can connect multiple playstation controllers to your wii for multiplayer games. pepeLaugh

I will answer any questions you have, I will be glad to help! arthurDance
Attachments
d2x-cios-installer(edited).zip
(705.62 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
flatrute

Re: FAKEMOTE installation for wii

Post by flatrute »

Something is telling me that this should be under Modding/Hacking section...nice guide nonetheless kcSmile
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

SONIC122

Re: FAKEMOTE installation for wii

Post by SONIC122 »

flatrute wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:30 am Something is telling me that this should be under Modding/Hacking section...nice guide nonetheless kcSmile
possibly, i dont think it is gonna get me in trouble with matt lol. modCheck kcRage