"CD Plus" not ripping to itunes/WMP

If you need help with something, this is the place to be.
SONIC122

"CD Plus" not ripping to itunes/WMP

Post by SONIC122 »

So, for Christmas my mom bought herself, my dad and my brother iPods (parents got 7th gen Nanos, brother got a 5th gen video). she has been building quite a large library in iTunes from her hundred or so old CDs. one of them in particular said "CD Plus" on the front, and the mirrored back had an odd ring in the middle. it really freaked out her laptop when I opened the disc in file manager, it had some Autorun.inf and and a .exe file, i assume this was some kind of "Easter egg" that when you put the disc in a PC it opens some kind app. (i once saw this on a dankpods video with a gorrilaz CD, it played an "intro video" of sorts). the disc plays fine in my DVD player (i dont have a dedicated CD player) but it wont rip to iTunes or WMP. what would cause the PC, Disc drive and itunes to freak out when this disc is inserted? is there another program I could use to rip this disc?

P.S.: it had WIN95 and WIN98 folders on it along with the autorun.inf and .exe file, i tried to open the folders and .exe file on the disc, it just froze file manager.
unsimp

Re: "CD Plus" not ripping to itunes/WMP

Post by unsimp »

if you can get them playing in itunes/wmp, software such as freeac should be able to rip the contents. i looked up CD Plus and got no relevant results. to properly help you we would probably need the name of the CD and/or the file structure
Heyyyyyy its un and i do random shit on the internet when im bored 3Head
My Github
SONIC122

Post by SONIC122 »

all i think it is is an "easter egg" for older PCs. no clue in my book.
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

Could you name those CDs here, just in case?
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

SONIC122

Post by SONIC122 »

if i remember correctly, it was a CD by "blauqe" i remember it was a weird spelling of "black". i think the album name is the same