ClonerAlliance review: What happened?

While MattKC videos aren't the only topic of discussion here, they are probably the primary way people found out about this place, so here's a forum for discussing them.
yoshi

ClonerAlliance review: What happened?

Post by yoshi »

I've noticed for a while now that the review for the ClonerAlliance capture card has been unlisted. I'm not familiar with any situation if there is one, so I am curious to know why it is unlisted.
"Computer over? Virus equals very yes? That's not a good prize!" Aware
flatrute

Re: ClonerAlliance review: What happened?

Post by flatrute »

My guess is that the device is simply not worth the money and he does not want to mislead people but that is just my two cents.
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

MattKC
Site Admin

Re: ClonerAlliance review: What happened?

Post by MattKC »

I think it felt a little bit to me like I'd sold out. My review was fair and objective, making its flaws very clear, but I had still given a significant amount of publicity to a product that I ultimately didn't think was very good.

Today, it might be the sort of thing I'd put on the Bytes channel, but I want the main channel to focus on higher quality project videos rather than simple tech reviews, etc. Same reason I unlisted the "desktop tour" video. They may make a resurgence on the Bytes or Live channel though.