Lego Island Engine

Reverse engineering that doesn't fall into any of the other categories
CrystalBen

Lego Island Engine

Post by CrystalBen »

Hello, i would like to ask what is the name of the Engine that Lego Island is using, and are ithere also general informations out there about the Engine?

I saw at the Patreon that Lego Island got decompiled, so i was thinking off if Matt could port Lego Island to ScummVM :)
MattKC
Site Admin

Re: Lego Island Engine

Post by MattKC »

It hasn't been decompiled, it is being decompiled. A full decomp, if it ever happens, is probably years away.

Its engine is a completely custom in-house one called Omni. It isn't really a suitable fit for ScummVM, which is primarily for 2D/FMV point and click games. But I assume you only bring it up because you're looking for the game to be ported, in which case yes, if there's a decomp, porting it will definitely be a priority.

EDIT: Turns out ScummVM actually may be suitable, I wasn't aware it could handle 3D as well. In which case, my answer is a maybe, but it's too early to tell - while portability is certainly interesting to me, my only planned goal right now is finishing the decomp. Whether I decide to do more afterwards and whether that involves ScummVM is up in the air. But of course, even if I don't, the code will be freely available for anyone else to do it if they want to.
GenericObjectShow

Re: Lego Island Engine

Post by GenericObjectShow »

I will say, the fact that the ISLE.EXE window now opens with the replaced LEGO1.DLL is a good sign.
(However, it closes immediately afterwards, possibly because the media player isn't implemented)
Edit: After looking over the decomp status, it's most likely because LegoOmni:Init and LegoOmni:Create aren't implemented.