Simpsons Hit and Run source and assets leaked

Any discussion of software that doesn't fit into any category goes here.
ReleaseTheGeese

Simpsons Hit and Run source and assets leaked

Post by ReleaseTheGeese »

https://github.com/Svxy/The-Simpsons-Hit-and-Run

May be of interest to some. The leaker has included everything else needed to build the game in an accompanying Mega upload.
there shall be no peace when they release the geese
my website | software by me | well made web
PajamaFrix

Re: Simpsons Hit and Run source and assets leaked

Post by PajamaFrix »

I've heard about this for quite some time, first hearing about it around August 21, 2021 (the original TAR archive it comes from seems to be dated around that period, although when extracted the folder says it's from 2015). I find it interesting to see someone include everything required to build it (along with a compiled build of the game,) it kind of reminds me when someone did the same thing with 'SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge' for the PlayStation 1.
Hanzo

Post by Hanzo »

I remember back when this leaked, I thought “oh wow imagine all the cool stuff we’re gonna get from this” yet surprisingly very little if not anything at all was done with this.
My life is the authentic stereotypical nerd experience. catJAM
yoshi

Post by yoshi »

Hanzo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:42 am I remember back when this leaked, I thought “oh wow imagine all the cool stuff we’re gonna get from this” yet surprisingly very little if not anything at all was done with this.
I personally think the reason for this is the dubious legality. Considering this isn't an official release, or even a cleanroom reverse engineer for that matter, creating and distributing modifications to this source code is a very gray area legally and it's probably not a headache a lot of people want to go through. That being said, it would be still cool if someone else did stuff with this in due time.
"Computer over? Virus equals very yes? That's not a good prize!" Aware