Today is unfortunately the day the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U and 3DS shuts down.

If you just want to post some random stuff, that goes here.
Hanzo

Today is unfortunately the day the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U and 3DS shuts down.

Post by Hanzo »

Time to say our goodbyes, I guess.

R.I.P 3DS and Wii U eShop
2011 - 2023
FeelsBadMan
My life is the authentic stereotypical nerd experience. catJAM
Hanzo

Re: Today is unfortunately the day the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U and 3DS shuts down.

Post by Hanzo »

It’s gone.

This is the European 3DS eShop after shut down. It may look intact but you can’t buy anything, all you get is an error that says “Software currently unavailable” on everything.
My life is the authentic stereotypical nerd experience. catJAM
flatrute

Re: Today is unfortunately the day the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U and 3DS shuts down.

Post by flatrute »

Zippyshare is also about to shut down at the end of this month...
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

CrabHead

Post by CrabHead »

zippyshare shutting down is more tragic than the eshop (hot take)
KEKW Goin' Flipmode!
MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

Damn, unfortunate time for software preservation.

Actually tbf, sounds like people were pretty diligent about backing up the eShop. Zippyshare on the other hand is probably gonna be all lost... I've actually been following old Zippyshare links trying to get my old OS X project working, but I guess they're all gonna go the way of Rapidshare and Megaupload links.
Mikmoomamimocki

Post by Mikmoomamimocki »

Hopefully the shutdown gets more people interested in jailbreaking their systems, leading to better and easier methods of doing so. I don't think there's gonna be any problem at all with eShop preservation.
arthurDance Mikmoomamimocki arthurDance

can’t spell programmer without pro gamer
The3DSGuy

Post by The3DSGuy »

MattKC wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:38 am Damn, unfortunate time for software preservation.

Actually tbf, sounds like people were pretty diligent about backing up the eShop. Zippyshare on the other hand is probably gonna be all lost... I've actually been following old Zippyshare links trying to get my old OS X project working, but I guess they're all gonna go the way of Rapidshare and Megaupload links.
Actually, there's something called hShop, which is dedicated to the preservation of everything in the eShop. Yes, technically, it's piracy, but seeing as many digital titles became unobtainable with the eShop closure, I don't see many other options here.

You can check out the project here:
https://hshop.erista.me/