- Be civil. While swearing is allowed, derogatory slurs are not. Discussions on topics that are likely to be emotionally charged (e.g. religion, politics, etc.) are strongly discouraged, though permitted if everyone stays cordial.
- Don't be annoying. Use common sense. Moderators reserve the right to determine what "being annoying" constitutes in each circumstance.
- English only. This is simply because the majority of users and moderators here are English speakers, and as such it becomes significantly harder to effectively moderate other languages.
- No spam/advertising/self-promotion, unless appropriate in the context of the discussion. i.e. don't just plug a video of yours asking people to watch, but if you've made something relevant that will contribute to the conversation, it can be posted.
- Attach images rather than hotlinking them. This is simply because images linked from other sites tend to go down, even from dedicated image hosting sites (e.g. Photobucket). Attaching them to this site ensures that they'll remain viewable for as long as this forum does.
- Avoid short pointless replies, e.g. "thanks!", "ok", "cool", etc. This may be permissible in some cases (i.e. for jokes/humor), but in most cases there are post reactions that serve the goal better.
- No adult content. This includes nudity, pornography, shock material, etc. There may be exceptions for software that includes nudity (e.g. God of War), but these must be spoilered and must have relevance to the discussion.
- Don't upload piracy to this website. This is a gray area, while this server is devoted to software preservation, we also must respect publishers who wish to enforce their copyrights, and (as a US-based website) are obligated to respond to DMCAs. If you want to preserve abandonware, you should upload it to archive.org, and if it's relevant to the discussion, it can be linked here (torrents may also be acceptable in some circumstances). However, such links may be removed at the discretion of moderators.
- Keep your posts high-quality and on-topic. Contribute to the discussion; talk to people, not at them. Moderators may remove posts that are offtopic without warning.
Any site-related news or announcements will get posted here
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I'm in the process of drafting these rules up, but simple rules are don't be a dick, don't be annoying, moderators reserve the right to determine what "being a dick" or "being annoying" constitutes in each circumstance.