The reason I'm doomed to die alone...

While MattKC videos aren't the only topic of discussion here, they are probably the primary way people found out about this place, so here's a forum for discussing them.
flatrute

The reason I'm doomed to die alone...

Post by flatrute »

I have seen some millenials commented on Facebook here about how they could still remember keys on burned copies of pirated Windows XP they used to reinstall their PCs during the 2000s and most of them have their own wife just fine.

Never give up Matt FeelsGoodMan

Edit: de-incorrect-ed
Edit #2: ...a word
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

MattKC
Site Admin

Re: The reason I'm doomed to die alone...

Post by MattKC »

Heh I appreciate the reassurance arthurDance

I technically remember part of an XP key, but it's the part that everyone remembers: FCKGW (yeah I legit used that key back in like 2008 before they blacklisted it in WGA)
WinFan3672

Post by WinFan3672 »

I myself actually ended up memorising a 2000/ME key. I have no use for it, I have never used 2000/ME outside of a VM, I will never have a use for it, yet I still remember it to this day. It's RBDC9-VCRC8-D7972-J97JY-PRVMG. WHY DO I REMEMBER THAT! I HAVE NO USE FOR IT! CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME REMEMBER WHAT I HAD FOR LUNCH YET I REMEMBER THIS STRING OF CHARACTERS! I also memorise WiFi passwords, and I STILL remember some of the old ones I had.

Suppose I'll die alone, too.
Signed, Gordinator.
acidiclight

Post by acidiclight »

MattKC wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:58 am Heh I appreciate the reassurance arthurDance

I technically remember part of an XP key, but it's the part that everyone remembers: FCKGW (yeah I legit used that key back in like 2008 before they blacklisted it in WGA)
Is it bad that I read FCKGW and thought it was just an abbreviation for saying either "fuck genuine windows" or "fuck GeoWorks"
acidic light

I'm a blind game developer. I write code because it's fun.
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

acidiclight wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:05 pm Is it bad that I read FCKGW and thought it was just an abbreviation for saying either "fuck genuine windows" or "fuck GeoWorks"
I mean Microsoft Product Activation as a whole is just harmful...
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

acidiclight wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:05 pm Is it bad that I read FCKGW and thought it was just an abbreviation for saying either "fuck genuine windows" or "fuck GeoWorks"
Heh I mean it's accurate, but yeah it is easy to read that way. I assume it's just a coincidence, though it's not impossible someone did some reverse engineering/brute forcing to get those to be the first 5 characters...
RaceJay

Post by RaceJay »

flatrute wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:58 pm I mean Microsoft Product Activation as a whole is just harmful...
Hi,
Wanna know the guy that developed it? He also developed the OOBE aka Out Of the Box Experience. He has a YouTube channel, his name is Dave.
Check it here » https://www.youtube.com/@DavesGarage
Cheers!
CPU: INTEL CORE I5 4210U @ 2.39 GHZ | 24 X 99 MHZ | L2: 256K
RAM: 10240 MB DDR3-SDRAM @ 798.1 MHZ (11-11-11-28) | SAMSUNG
MB: ASUS X550LD | INTEL HASWELL-ULT