Android users what rom are you using

Any discussion that doesn't fit into any of the other categories goes here.

Stock Rom
59%
LineageOS
18%
Pixel Experience
6%
Havoc-OS
No votes
Arrow OS
No votes
other
18%

Total votes: 17

a_regular_pear

Post by a_regular_pear »

Personally I am using pixel experience
Shaddow798

Re: Android users what rom are you using

Post by Shaddow798 »

Personally I'm getting a Pixel that I will flash graphene os on when i get it.
I'm really bad at english, im also clinically tired.
pizzaboxer

Post by pizzaboxer »

Still on the awful Huawei EMUI ROM that came with my phone. Been meaning to flash Lineage on it but I've been too lazy, especially since it's not that easy with the bootloader needing an unlock code (why??). I really should get around to doing it since the latest Android version my phone gets is Android 9 weirdChamp
MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

Stock ROM on a Pixel. Even unrooted, for me it's the best mix of customization and usability. I'd probably try going for Pixel Experience if I had a non-Google phone (after trying a few Samsung Galaxy phones, I have a deep distrust of stock ROMs from other OEMs lol)
maxmoon

Post by maxmoon »

Definitely Lineage OS on an old Samsung Galaxy S5, because it's the best smartphone in the world.

"Google free" and with F-Droid
fahugugads

Post by fahugugads »

Stock ROM on a Pixel, though I want to flash Graphene on it whenever I can get the carrier lock removed.
If we're talking about your children's future, primary and secondary investments simply won't cut it. We need to talk about 𝒯𝑒𝓇𝓉𝒾𝒶𝓇𝓎 investments.
wisecar

Post by wisecar »

I feel like the idea of swapping the ROM has become less popular in recent years as stock ROMs get better and also as many apps (i.e. banking apps) throw a fit if they're on anything other than stock.

Pretty happy with my OnePlus 9 Pro with stock right now.
NuggetPC+Crocs

Post by NuggetPC+Crocs »

LineageOS 20.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Flat. Yeah the biggest problem is banking apps, some work fine, but others gave me some problems, especially for transferring money.
maxmoon wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:03 pm because it's the best smartphone in the world.
Couldn't agree more. I had one and loved it kinda miss it too. One of the first Samsung flagship smartphone to have MHL/HDMI output iirc. I remember hooking it to TV, pairing the Dualshock 3 gamepad and playing GTA Liberty City Stories that got ported to android. It was awesome playing the ported games on TV! The design was really cool at the time, the screen was literally flat, my s7 "flat" the screen near the edge is a little curved and annoys when I need to touch something on the edge.
wisecar

Post by wisecar »

I'm using stock on a OnePlus 9 Pro - works really well for me.

Plan of course when they drop support, assuming I haven't upgraded by then, will probably be to run LineageOS or similar.
MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

I've been thinking about checking out GrapheneOS, I hear a lot of good things about it (particularly from Louis Rossmann). Though I do actually use a lot of Google cloud stuff at the moment, so from a privacy standpoint, it might be like trying to use Tor to access Facebook...
flatrute

Post by flatrute »

MattKC wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:41 amit might be like trying to use Tor to access Facebook...
Fun fact: Facebook has a .onion anchor for some reason YEP
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

MattKC
Site Admin

Post by MattKC »

flatrute wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:43 am Fun fact: Facebook has a .onion anchor for some reason YEP
Yeah that's what I was referring to
loominatrx

Post by loominatrx »

I use ParanoidAndroid till this date because it is based on Qualcomm's CodeAurora ROM, meaning it's much optimized for Snapdragon phones.

If you have Snapdragon phone, I'd definetely recommend you to use this ROM because of how smooth the ROM is on Snapdragon device.