Trying to get old enhanced cds to run

If you need help with something, this is the place to be.
Figgy2112

Trying to get old enhanced cds to run

Post by Figgy2112 »

So I have a MacBook 2019 and virtual box with windows 98 installed and I've been trying to figure out a way to get a couple Primus enhanced CDs from the 90s to run. The two discs were in bin/que format but anytime I've ever tried to mount the discs it just throws a error no matter what I've done. I had a physical Limp Bizkit CD and I tried to get that to run via pass-through, but I have a newer Blu-ray drive (a OWC mercury pro) and had no success getting it to work. I ended up having a couple Limp Bizkit enhanced CD content that was ripped from discs and I was able to get that to run because that was more separate software but the Primus ones require I think audio from the CD so how do I go about this? Is there a way I can get a virtual box to read my Blu-ray drive because I can buy those two discs easily. Or is there a way I can still use the bin/cue that was given to me.
Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance
Figgy2112

Re: Trying to get old enhanced cds to run

Post by Figgy2112 »

Had someone on the Primus fourms take these desks and rip them with Any To ISO, I can provide the ISOs if so just PM me if someone wants to play around with them
Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance
andreizabest

Re: Trying to get old enhanced cds to run

Post by andreizabest »

I found this on stack exchange which might be useful if you still want to passthrough of the drive to the OS.

Go to VirtualBox's Machine > Settings > Storage > Enable Passthrough for the DVD drive.

To allow an external DVD drive to be recognized by a VirtualBox Virtual Machine (VM) it must be configured in such a way that "passthrough" is enabled. Enabling Passthrough allows the underlying operating system to pass the required commands through to the device that is connected to the Virtual Machine as opposed to the host operating system instance.

http://www.tempusfugit.ca/techwatch.ca/passthrough.html