Show us YOUR setup!

While MattKC videos aren't the only topic of discussion here, they are probably the primary way people found out about this place, so here's a forum for discussing them.
TinglesMagicWords

Show us YOUR setup!

Post by TinglesMagicWords »

I'll go first:

(Before you comment, I have 2 hair shedding dogs and dust buildup is very frequent. I have to dust practically daily and sometimes I don't :lol: )
PXL_20230227_235444946.jpg
Monitor arms are a new addition and a life changer, I have so much more space on my desk which allows me to sit my bulky drawing tablet close by. And they have usb pass through, which really helps improve my cable management.

My main monitor is the ASUS VG27AQ. A very nice IPS panel for the price and it runs 1440p at 165hz. The pixel response time kinda sucks by today's standards though. Other displays are just a hand me down old 1080p monitor and tv.
PXL_20230228_000513339.jpg
I can push my keyboard back and move my Wacom Cintiq 16 close, I find the need to switch constantly between them in blender when creating assets.
PXL_20230227_235610413.jpg
Ok hear me out. This is a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600. I got it for $20AUD. This is the 2nd one I have bought, I have used 2 of these collectively for over 15 years. I have never felt more comfortable with anything else.
One time Matt very kindly loaned me a mechanical keyboard with brown switches to try out, and while it definitely was nice from a build quality and typing experience, I am a capital G gamer at heart and nothing else has compared at a similar or slightly higher price point. I am sure there is something else out there for me, but this keyboard has just become a staple.

I am also using Razer Death Adder V2 mouse, found a good deal on it used and its literally perfect by the fact I completely forget about it when I use it.
PXL_20230228_011821947.jpg
My machine:
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Airflow Plus
PSU: Corsair RM850x
Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x @ 3.7Ghz
Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1080
Memory: 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz
Storage: 500GB NVMe SSD, 2TB NVMe SSD, 1TB SATA SDD, all Samsung Evo
PCI-E: Rando USB expansion card

The most painless, issue free build I have ever done. Everything worked the first time somehow, and still no issues 2 years later. I bought at the perfect time in 2021 (sans GPU evidently). AMD Zen3 was an absolute no-brainer at the time, way cheaper and way faster. I stream and exclusively use software x264 encoding. It looks better than what the GTX 1080 nvenc can output and it doesn't skip a beat with 12 cores while running anything.

I am forever shopping for a new GPU to replace the GTX 1080. It actually does everything I need it to, but I could definitely use some RT acceleration for Blender (and playing Super Mario 64 with RT obviously). However current prices just make me feel dirty and its not worth it.
PXL_20230227_235917997.jpg
I am using the very popular Audio Technica AT2020. It was actually a very generous parting gift from Matt (love you bro <3). I am not a huge audiophile, but it sounds very good to me compared to everything else I have used, and its very practical. I am also using a Logitech C920 webcam.
PXL_20230228_000358547.jpg
PXL_20230228_000411305.jpg
PXL_20230228_000420278.jpg
Nerd stuff
PXL_20230228_000440984.jpg
My little art corner. I mostly do digital, however, I often do pencil sketching. I am also setup with paints, ink and markers if I need them.
PXL_20230227_235022567.jpg
The most important part of my setup. My doggo cam. I am using an old iphone 6 in airplane mode connected to my pc. Using the Droidcam app and plugin with OBS. My dogs are a fan favourite on my stream and I like being able to see them easily on my side monitor when I am working. It's such a nice use of something that otherwise would be stuck in a drawer somewhere. It's an iphone, so the camera is already quite good for what it is.

And that's pretty much it. There's other things I decided not to sure due to mess. I have my Xbox 360 and modded Wii to the side set up to feed into my capture card. I also dabble a bit in music and have guitars and a keyboard. I do want to move my art stuff around more. As always our setups are ever evolving.

I would love to see the spaces where you guys work and or play!
flatrute

Re: Show us YOUR setup!

Post by flatrute »

Before posting my setup, here is the video from Matt showing his setup SAWNIC

Edit: Just noticed that SquareSpace sponsor is no more ricardoFlick
It turns out leaving an Internet identity behind is hard MikeBruh

My username is read as "flatorte".

[deleted] posts index

TheFinnishShaman

Post by TheFinnishShaman »

Here's my battlestation :D My GPU is not very powerful but I built this rig mainly for workstation purposes.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 32GB DDR4
SONIC122

Post by SONIC122 »

My setup is kinda all over the place so get ready to be confused. I have a few desks that I use for different things. the TV desk is kinda my workbench where I work on things and play console games. I only have a PS1 and 2 so thats fun.
full room with computer in view.JPG
playstations.JPG
the computer desk is where I work on more scratch sensitive things cuz I have the desk pad.
full computer desk.JPG
I modded my cheap headphone stand with an actual data compatible USB hub and RGBs cuz gamer.
desk left side.JPG
My mouse that I use is the redragon griffin wireless, but I use it in a wired config. My sound system is a logitech Z606 5.1 system (but i use mine in a 6.1 setup)
thicc subb.JPG
and yes that is a sonic poster. OMEGALUL
sanic.JPG
SAWNIC SAWNIC SAWNIC
Since last time ive posted ive moved the sub to the floor for more bass cuz im a bass head Dance
Edit: if matt KC ever made a desk pad with the blue background from his intro I would buy it, but currently I kinda want to get a LTT northern lights desk pad. am I a traitor?